At last we are in a safer position to restart church. However, it will be slow, limited and won’t accommodate everyone as they would like. We are doing our best to provide worship in church but where safety is important. So, please be patient.
The services will be as follows, but bear in mind that the capacity of St. Andrew’s Church with social distancing is about 80 people:
- Families with children will meet on Saturday afternoon in the Large Hall in groups from 2-4.15pm. Harry and Laine have given details to families. Please ask them if you need more information. These will be short All Age sessions suitable for children accompanied by adults. Entry and exit via the hall fire doors.
- 9am Sunday Holy Communion. This will be a said service without sung hymns.
- 10.30am Morning Service. This will be done on a rotation basis – Surnames A-L one week, and M-Z next week. Do check the Calendar to be sure. Please note that this service will have no children’s groups or creche, and is not All Age appropriate.
- Services at St. Bartholomew will start later. Details to follow.
- 6pm Evening service will start later. Details to follow.
The timetable is this:
Saturday 12th September Family All Age Services in the Large Hall start.
Sunday 13th September 9am Holy Communion
Sunday 13th September 10.30am Morning Services start. Surnames A-L (Surnames M-Z from 20th September)
Thereafter services will continue as on 12th/13th September.
Services online will continue on YouTube and this website.
This is a start, and we will make changes in the future according to circumstances.
Jonathan Perkin. 19th August 2020.
Until the courtyard work is finished, please enter St. Andrew’s by the North Door for all services (not the Centre doors). Be sure to maintain two metres distances and please do not come if you are feeling unwell. Currently, there will be no toilets available; hand sanitiser will be provided in the North Porch; seating can be in households or bubbles. Also a Track & Trace list will be collated at each service, therefore please be prepared to share your details. Face coverings will be required by law to be worn in a greater number of public indoor settings including places of worship. Therefore, when attending a church service a face covering must be worn unless you are exempt from doing so. Please be mindful that there are valid exemptions for some individuals and groups to not wear a face covering in these settings.